Oundle school

(4 Posts)
Flossy1234 Tue 22-Nov-16 13:42:06

Hi, I am the mother of a boy just entered yr7 at Oundle school. We live abroad and this makes it more difficult to get a sense of what happens around the school. I thought the school had a good pastoral care but
I have just read a thread on bad bullying at Oundle school but the original thread has been cancelled. It appears the school doesn't pay any attention to this?
My son needs to choose the house for yr9. Please any advice on the houses at Oundle or on the school itself?
Very worried mum

pepperpot69 Tue 22-Nov-16 22:37:53

The post you refer to was quite a while ago and as always there are 2 sides to every story! I explored it extensively before choosing the school and was satisfied with the outcome.
My son has just started at Oundle n Yr9 and we are very happy with his progress and pastoral care. I will pm you with more details.

leftandaright Fri 25-Nov-16 12:23:57

I know lots of children at Oundle and all are as happy as larry. I'm hoping my ds will go there in a couple of years.
Isolated bullying instances can crop up anywhere, any time. I wouldn't pay much heed to one MN post from years ago.... it won't be reflective of a whole school with a different head years down the line.

Flossy1234 Fri 25-Nov-16 18:46:56

Thanks left and right! Always nice to hear people with direct experience of a place!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now