Tutor for 11+

(11 Posts)
user1479293785 Wed 16-Nov-16 13:18:13

Hello everyone,
I am looking for a tutor (based in reading) to help my child with 11+ preparation for private school. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Takeiteasymum Fri 18-Nov-16 10:13:23

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Janice1979 Tue 22-Nov-16 12:39:24

steppemum Tue 22-Nov-16 12:43:01

you need to look for someone in your area. I recommend looking at tuoring websites. Then you can look at the qualifications and experience of the tutor. Many give a first lesson for free as a taster.

pepperpot99 Tue 22-Nov-16 14:19:40

And that would be you wouldn't it Janice 1979? judging by the other threads you have posted on today in the education section? grin

Tell us: are you DBS checked? got degree(s) in the subjects you claim to teach? have you taught in schools and do you have a proven track record?

Tut tut. Must try harder. A good tutor NEVER advertises because they just don't need to.

Janice1979 Tue 22-Nov-16 14:28:18

pepperpot99 Tue 22-Nov-16 14:31:37

How do you account for the lies then? the ones about needing a tutor for your dc on the other thread when this one has you boasting about how great your kids' tutor is?

PurpleDaisies Tue 22-Nov-16 14:32:44

I'm a private tutor-I never advertise any more because I'm so busy with wors of mouth business that I can't fit any more pupils in.

pepperpot99 Tue 22-Nov-16 14:39:37

Ditto PurpleDaisies.

I'm often amused, however, at the desperate lengths folk will go to to get work....like the above, whose posts I have reported (and I see the have already been deleted - lightning response there MN).

You quite often find people outside the primary schools in my area thrusting 11 plus / tuition leaflets into parents' hands in a rather pathetic attempt to generate some work. Pitiful grin

ElizabethHoney Tue 22-Nov-16 14:44:41

* A good tutor NEVER advertises because they just don't need to.*

"Rarely", not "never". E.g. a tutor moving into a new area or restarting after a career break.

BirdieNamNam Fri 25-Nov-16 14:59:33

Who is the best 11+ tutor in North London? I need to start preparing my DS. Thanks so much for your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now