Would a school be aware of previous social service involvement?

(6 Posts)
Wonderingwoe Sat 12-Nov-16 13:05:43

Applying for schools for my child to start next September
As a baby she had a head injury which meant social services had to be involved until it was established it was accidental.
It was all dealt with very quickly and efficiently.
I'm just wondering if a school would have access to this information when she starts?
I noticed at her pre school they asked on the form if we had social service involvement currently so obviously ticked no and that was the end of that!
Would they be aware?

Ladymuck Sat 12-Nov-16 23:09:45

Unless she is on the list of children with a child protection plan (which would be unlikely following a single incident), then it is hard to see how a link would be made.

Wonderingwoe Sun 13-Nov-16 10:00:14

That's what I was thinking but I just wondered if the schools called social services direct beforehand or something

Ladymuck Sun 13-Nov-16 19:50:45

No, not as standard practice.

user1477282676 Sun 13-Nov-16 19:52:10

No. Schools don't really have the resources to call. SS will advise them of children on the at risk register or children who are under the team around the family service...but not for your case.

fairgame84 Sun 13-Nov-16 19:58:32

No. I work in a school as a safeguarding lead and we wouldn't be told about any previous ss involvement. We don't ring ssh and check unless there is a current safeguarding concern.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now