Looking for state and independent schools around Brighton for Year 6 son

(10 Posts)
user1474286818 Thu 22-Sep-16 14:34:31

Hi, I'm looking at all options for my Year 6 son for next year. I'm close to Brighton and prepared for him to travel for the right school. He's been in state so far but I'm seriously considering independent - mixed preferably. He's pretty academic and also loves his sports. Any advice on where I should be looking really welcome.

HenfieldHen Thu 22-Sep-16 16:13:00

Hi, I'm looking at all options for my Year 6 son for next year. I'm close to Brighton and prepared for him to travel for the right school. He's been in state so far but I'm seriously considering independent - mixed preferably. He's pretty academic and also loves his sports. Any advice on where I should be looking really welcome.

LIZS Thu 22-Sep-16 16:15:24

Brighton College is the most obvious, but Lancing and Ardingly also worth a look.

Leeds2 Thu 22-Sep-16 19:10:17

No personal knowledge, but a friend's DS left Brighton College this year and were very happy with it. He didn't start until Year 9 though (I think).

Aldwickfamilyhouse Fri 23-Sep-16 14:58:07

If you're happy to look at state schools then friends' DS and DD go to Shoreham Academy. The new Bohunt Academy in Worthing is also getting a good reputation I think.

HenfieldHen Sat 24-Sep-16 08:38:05

Thanks for your input. Have also heard good things about the Bohunt Academy. Really helpful. I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge of Our Lady of Sion in Worthing up the road from Bohunt - it seems to have reasonable fees for a independent school.

BizzyFizzy Sat 24-Sep-16 08:38:54

Hurst?

LIZS Sat 24-Sep-16 09:03:37

Hurst and Our Lady wouldn't be perceived as academic though.

HenfieldHen Sun 25-Sep-16 20:37:14

Surprised by that. Which secondary / senior schools would be perceived as academic around this part of Sussex?

BizzyFizzy Mon 26-Sep-16 05:55:31

Hurstpierpoint is only one notch below Brighton College.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now