GCSE maths appeal

(6 Posts)
Iwanttoseethesea Tue 20-Sep-16 07:01:13

Morning. When we collected results in August the school told us they were appealing the Maths GCSE to see if it could be bumped up from a D to a C. We are still waiting - does anyone know when this happens ? DS is waiting to see if he has to re sit maths

mumsneedwine Tue 20-Sep-16 07:46:44

They've been coming back very fast this year, usually within a week. Your done should have had an email from the exam board (via school) telling him if result changed are not. Did he sign anything asking for the remark ? Usually the student has to sign as they have to say they realise the mark can go down as well as up. I'd call school today as its the last day for appeals I think

mumsneedwine Tue 20-Sep-16 07:47:52

Sorry should have proof read that ! Hope it makes sense grin. Done = son

Iwanttoseethesea Tue 20-Sep-16 15:32:10

Hi thanks for that. Yes he had to sign to say he agreed his grade could go down as well as up. He's in sixth form now (same school but different location), they have told him it's not back but don't seem to have any idea when it will be !

mumsneedwine Tue 20-Sep-16 16:11:19

All our schools have been back very quickly so unless they only sent it last week then they need to chase. For maths it's usually even quicker as they know kids are waiting to see about retakes. I would assume your DS is retaking in November and get working on that. Past papers over and over really helps

cricketballs Tue 20-Sep-16 18:32:09

we are having our appeals back in dribs and drabs; we have had 3 back so far (out of 8) and 2 have gone up, 1 has stayed the same

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now