Open university

(3 Posts)
xkeeksx28 Mon 19-Sep-16 21:30:04

Hi everyone.

I'm a single mum of one thinking of doing a degree with open university.

Has anyone studied with them ? How did you find it ?

chocaholic73 Wed 21-Sep-16 21:25:35

My DD is studying with them. She has serious health issues, meaning she wasn't able to go to uni. She has found them very good. They have facebook groups and an online forum for each course/tutor group, tutorials etc. Think they group people according to area, so there may be an option to meet up for some people depending on circumstances. Things get marked when they say they will and they have always responded to any queries quickly. Basically, she's very happy with them but if you've got any particular questions, I can ask her for you.

WhatWouldCoachBombayDo Wed 21-Sep-16 21:32:29

I'm studying an OU degree after leaving my standard degree at a brick uni due to personal circumstances.

I'll be honest I find the OU far more helpful and engaging than "standard' uni. My tutors have always been professional and prompt, marking is done on time, they also understand life. So juggling kids and work and uni and saying I'm struggling is met with compassion rather than yeah tough.

I'm really enjoying it and find it superb value for money!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now