The crescent (in Epsom-will we be able to get into Stamford Green primary from there ?Or any other good primary?

(3 Posts)
user1468917797 Mon 19-Sep-16 15:21:07

Hi ,we are just considering to move from our north London flat to Epsom area and found a house we like and can afford in the Wells(the crescent)-from what I can see the area is cheaper than some other areas in Epsom so we can actually get a lovely house there with garden as we wanted for a long time.Its a bit on outskirts of Epsom though.I don't really mind it since its looks lovely and green and not too far to the town centre and station .I looked for primaries around though -the closest is a catholic one which won't suit us since we both don't go to church ,next closest one is Stamford Green-but it's about 1.2 km away from the house!will we stand a chance getting a place there for our little one there?or if not what other schools we potentially will be able to get into ?Any advice is greatly appreciated .Its a big decision for us and I don't want to move unless we can get into a decent school.Is it worth considering that area (the wells estate)-or is it going to be a problem to get a good school from there and therefore house prices reflect that (too good to be true)?or if somebody can recommend some other areas near by (need to be not too far from station -within a mile)with good schools and nice parks and town centre :-)

AliMonkey Mon 19-Sep-16 16:08:09

You would have got into SG this year as they had an extra bulge class but not the year before when they first went up to three classes which is supposed to be their normal entry from now on. So you definitely couldn't count on it - although I do know a couple of families who made it in a few years ago, when only two form entry, from the Wells. You would probably also struggle to get into St Martins (C of E but not part of their entry criteria) and The Greville which are also relatively close to you. You can find out max entry distances for last three years from Surrey CC website.

I think that is one of the main reasons for The Wells being cheaper than other parts of Epsom. Most of Epsom meets your criteria but all depends on how much you are willing to pay!

PatriciaHolm Mon 19-Sep-16 18:51:35

As the PP poster says, it's possible but definitely not a given, especially as this years bulge will have siblings that get priority in the next few years. It's not to be relied on.

I would also check distances to high schools; I doubt you'd get Glyn or Blenheim from there. If all your children are girls then it's less of an issue as I think you would get rosebery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now