Relocating to london

(8 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Africagirl66 Fri 26-Aug-16 23:32:03

Hi we are relocating to London and need a place for our 8 year old son !

We will live in central London but schools are very hard to get into and many we spoke to are full ! We are now considering schools outside London that have bus services to London ! Caldicott , Pappelwick , Dulwich prep and St John Beaument !

We ideally want a boys prep school with sting academics broad sport and extra curricular !

Any thoughts on these schools or Mums who currently live in London and do this bus thing appreciated !

It's a concern to make an 9 year old travel so far but we don't se many options !

smile

FlissMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 28-Aug-16 20:46:10

Hi Africagirl66,

Why not post on Mumsnet local or in the Education topic to see if anyone has any good suggestions.

Goodluck
smile

Africagirl66 Mon 29-Aug-16 03:50:33

hi thanks for this how do i do this post onto education ?

FlissMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 29-Aug-16 09:42:01

No problem, i've moved your post across to Education for you so hope you get some good recommendations. Hope you find what you're looking for. smile

PotteringAlong Mon 29-Aug-16 09:44:49

When are you moving? Do you need a place for the start of this academic year (next week) or is it middle of the year admission? If you've got time if you wait until October when term has started schools will know for definite then what places, if any, they have available.

Needmoresleep Mon 29-Aug-16 09:59:45

Focus on 13+ mixed preps or popular state schools.

Schools like Newton Prep, Thomas, Fulham Prep etc will lose boys at 7+ and 8+, as will popular state schools like St Peter's Eaton Sq. Oddly you have a better chance of finding a place at a sought after state primary than a less popular one. Tell preps you plan to stay on till 13+. They will lose a lot of girls at 11, so are likely to prefer pupils who will stay to the end. If need be use a state place as somewhere to sit till a prep place comes up. Far better than a long commute. Don't forget that the out of town preps will have long school days and sports clubs etc after.

Can he sing? You might try cathedral schools like Westminster Cathedral School.

mary21 Mon 29-Aug-16 10:14:43

Hill House?

Africagirl66 Mon 29-Aug-16 10:54:28

Thankyou ladies this is all helpful I will look into these! I have also just heard about Hill House !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now