Newham research interviewees needed: children missing education in LB Newham

(4 Posts)
BerniCMEResearch1 Fri 12-Aug-16 13:13:02

The National Children's Bureau (NCB) is researching how some children, of statutory school age, end up missing education, for example who are not on a school roll, or who have lengthy periods of time not registered or attending school www.ncb.org.uk/what-we-do/how-we-work/research/our-research-projects/early-years-and-education/exploring-childrens
It is estimated that 15,000 children and young people are in this situation. More information is needed around their different journeys and how this happens. This research aims to help develop practice and policy and improve children's outcomes. It is being done in a number of local authorities across England, including LB Newham.

We are looking for Newham children and parents to interview. Please contact us if your child doesn't have a school place and isn't formally educated at home; OR if this has been the case recently. As a thank you for taking part, interviewees will each receive a £20 high street gift voucher.
Contact Amy if you are interested in taking part on 0207 843 6076/ AEdwards@ncb.org.uk.

dylexicdementor11 Sun 14-Aug-16 17:18:31

You might want to report this and have it moved to the appropriate section.

BerniCMEResearch1 Thu 25-Aug-16 11:13:02

Sorry, was that to me, or to Mumsnet? My first time trying to use Mumsnet and don't think I'm making the best use of it.

Berni

dylexicdementor11 Thu 25-Aug-16 12:07:14

It was for you. If you report your own post and ask mumsnet to move it. They have a special section for researchers looking for participants.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now