Cottesmore & Brambletye Schools, Sussex. Hothouses?

(8 Posts)
MissoniMad Mon 04-Jul-16 13:22:30

I'm Posting in this section due to a lack of responses on my thread in Primary Ed section.

Does anyone know if Cottesmore or Brambletye schools are hothouses? From the exit results, especially at Cottesmore, I suspect they might be, but looking for someone who can give me direct experience. Also, which is the most nurturing, dedicated and good at accommodating quirky pupils who need a bit of hand holding?

NonHerbalReasoning Mon 04-Jul-16 17:27:39

I can't give you any useful information about Brambletye, but I would strongly recommend Cottesmore, my DS scores highly in the Quirky Tables. Spend some with Tom Rogerson (HM), and hopefully you'll be reassured. DS now @ one of the better known senior schools. Be aware that weekly or flexi boarding is infrequently available there these days, but weekend exeats are every 2 weeks. A thoroughly charming place.

NonHerbalReasoning Mon 04-Jul-16 17:29:31

And to answer your question(!), no definitely not a hot house. A team of excellent teachers.

MissoniMad Mon 04-Jul-16 21:06:09

I might PM you NonHerbalReasoning.

MissoniMad Mon 11-Jul-16 12:32:00

Bumping

bluegreysparkle Wed 20-Jul-16 22:25:55

Very few Sussex prep schools are hothouses. Certainly not in comparison to most London day schools or even those in Kent which are pushing children through the 11+. I would recommend visiting a few : Cottesmore, Brambletye, Ashdown, Cummor House.

MissoniMad Sat 23-Jul-16 03:23:44

Thanks BlueGrey. I've messaged you about this too.

Hm, I'm not sure I've got the stomach for Cumnor! I got the impression it was super pushy parent territory! Plus I may not be rich enough (no private jets, not even a helicopter grin).

loopygoose Thu 29-Sep-16 13:53:13

Cottesmore is most certainly NOT a hothouse. It's exceptional in it's ability to absorb and celebrate all sorts of characters, getting the most out of them, without making them feel stressed. I have sent two, very different, children to that school and both rave about the lessons. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now