secondary schools in Dorset

(6 Posts)
ZD1966 Sat 04-Jun-16 18:57:53

Hi We are looking for a secondary school for our daughter in the south west, and wondered if anyone has any knowledge or experience of Clayesnore school? We want boarding, excellent SEN (for mild difficulties), and above all excellent pastoral care.
Any advice would be most welcome. We live abroad, so the boarding side is essential.
Thanks

SisterViktorine Sun 05-Jun-16 19:11:40

Sherborne Girls is very much a full boarding school and sounds like it would fit what you want.

uhoh1973 Sun 05-Jun-16 21:16:12

From memory there are Clayesmore, Bryanston and Sherborne Girls. The latter being only single sex and I suspect the most academic?

FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 05-Jun-16 21:27:27

Out of the three mentioned I suspect Claysemore to be more of the school that you are looking for.

PowerPantsRule Sun 05-Jun-16 22:12:47

Clayesmore is excellent for SEN, known for it. Bryanston is a great school - no idea about SEN but child has to be a bit of a self starter as they're encouraged to do more work than usual on their own. I know nothing of Sherborne.

salsamummy Mon 06-Jun-16 23:35:14

Yes Clayesmore sound a good choice. I know people with children there and are very pleased with it.
Also Leweston is a popular choice for girls.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now