Piano and Violin lesson for 4 year old

(5 Posts)
gladi34 Thu 12-May-16 14:02:53

I am looking for a teacher / recommendations for my 4 year old daughter to attend piano and violin lessons close to North Wembley / Harrow area

Thank you

VocationalGoat Thu 12-May-16 14:14:09

Can I recommend to take your query to a very good site called Tutorhunt?
Although it's geared towards maths/English/Science tutors, etc. you will definitely find a violin and/or piano teacher on that site in your area (it does a search via postcode). There is a small search fee but you will be happy with the results and can select from several tutors to interview.

Also have a look on your local Sainsbury's notice board. If you have a large one nearby, Sainsbury's (and most large supermarkets) normally have a great advertising board and there are always a few piano teachers on there, hopefully a violin teacher as well- but these are fewer and far between.

I have been playing the violin for 38 years. I started at 6. My daughter is 6 and just started. Just want to 'warn' you that little spurts is all that's needed at age 4... 15-20 minute lessons, I would advise at age 4.

gladi34 Thu 12-May-16 14:58:23

Not sure how to reply/ thank you 'VocationalGoat ' thank you very much .. I will do as per your advice

bluecarpet Fri 13-May-16 13:37:43

we use the London Music Centre - really good agency and they have teachers who come to your house. Ask for Eliot, the owner
Toni

Frogusha Fri 13-May-16 14:09:20

My 4 y.o. goes to KinderMozart in Hamsptead, Quaker Meeting House. It's a 40-45 minute class with 3-4 kids (currently 3). My daughter is enjoying it and I'm not doing any practice with her at home - I just want her to get into it (I know that I will start putting pressure on her if get involved and might put her off). You can google it. The teacher is called Estephania, very friendly and nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now