4+ West London decision time - Glendower?

(3 Posts)
CupcakesAndFizz Wed 03-Feb-16 09:59:21

How does one choose between Glendower and Notting Hill Prep? Friday noon is deadline for accepting assessed places and I was hoping there might be a mum out there who's faced the same decision or has a child at these schools? How did you decide?

Choice is between Glendower (seems great academically and small class size, but a bit formal/pressured? Are the mum's tiger-mums??) vs Notting Hill Prep (co-Ed, non assessed but children seem more well rounded, less competitive, happier? Awesome head, I thought). We originally thought we wanted single sex. Both same distance from us.

Would I be nuts to turn down Glendower? I have 2 girls and a boy all under 5, so would I be nuts to NOT go with NHP because it'd make life easier for them all to go to the same place? Is communising 2 to 3 locations for schools going to break us as a family?? Is it worth it if DD is clever and might thrive in a school that stretches her? Any advice from mum's in the know hugely appreciated!

DD was also offered Queens Gate and it's lovely but felt a bit too art/humanities strong compared to science/sports/music for us.

MissGintyMarlow Wed 03-Feb-16 11:39:06

It would make your life much easier to have everyone in the same place so I'd def go for NHP, esp as you liked it so much.

seasaltcaramel Wed 03-Feb-16 13:33:52

Agree with Ginty - logistics when DC are young matter and there is something very nice about all your DC going to the same school, not to mention having the same holidays!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now