Is AGSB purely academic?

(3 Posts)
Shan25 Tue 12-Jan-16 13:06:15

hi ,
My DS is a bright ,hard working lil guy who is very reserved in nature.He is 10 now and wants to go into grammer school for his secondary school and is working really hard for it. We live near prestbury and had to take decision to move to Altrincham if we decide on AGSB. Could anyone help me in clearing whether AGSB is purely academic grammer school or it focuses on personality developement also like by having active clubs and activities other than academics.

namechangedtoday15 Tue 12-Jan-16 13:58:40

It is academic as you'd expect from a grammar school and it places a big emphasis on results. But if you look at the website, there are details of all the extra curricular activities - they place alot of emphasis on sport and music too, plus there are lots of lunchtime clubs for chess, book club etc.

Is he Yr5 now then? Its quite a gamble to move to Altrincham just on the basis he'll get in - its very competitive. I'd suggest you need to look around the alternatives in Altrincham before you decide. You can apply for an "out of catchment" place if you don't live in Altrincham (and catchment) but he'll need a higher score.

Shan25 Wed 13-Jan-16 12:37:27

Thank you very much for your reply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now