Does anybody remember these verbal reasoning books?

(9 Posts)
MythicalChicken Mon 04-May-15 17:42:40

Years ago I had these workbooks. They were called something like 'Verbal Reasoning Tests." They were green, quite old looking, and for some reason I think they were called 'Blackies'. Even though they were green.

Please somebody, tell me you remember them. I want to buy some for my son. I have done so many Google searches but to no avail.

Thank you smile.

CamelHump Mon 04-May-15 17:44:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RustyBear Mon 04-May-15 17:46:24

Blackie's was the name of a publisher of children's books, including textbooks - think they're defunct now, but they may have published the books you remember.

LIZS Mon 04-May-15 17:47:56

Bonds are the standard ones now , samples are downloadable from their website. Dd also had cgp practice papers from school. I vaguely remember another from way back - maybe Blackwells ?- but these should suffice. What are you using them in preparation for?

MythicalChicken Tue 05-May-15 03:07:15

That's them! Thanks guys. If anybody happens upon any 'Blackie's Intensive Practice Tests in Reasoned Thinking' on their travels, please let me know!

Thanks grin

CamelHump Tue 05-May-15 05:57:11

CamelHump Tue 05-May-15 05:59:01

MythicalChicken Fri 08-May-15 06:54:42

They are all either teachers books or used sad. I can't believe in this day and age things are not all there, on the internet.

These books were brilliant, they deserve a renaissance grin !

CamelHump Fri 08-May-15 22:00:10

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now