Waverley or other Wokingham/Reading prep schools

(7 Posts)
kiwimum4 Thu 23-Apr-15 08:58:15

Hi,
We are relocating and looking for a prep for our daughters. Does anyone have any knowledge of Waverley prep in Wokingham? Any other prep schools in that area that you have opinions on?
Thanks!

Mychildrenareindividuals Tue 23-Jun-15 23:04:34

I can highmy recommend Waverley Prep. Have my 3rd child starting Reception this year and couldn't be happier. The School has some new head hunted staff starting with a new Head which promises to bring the above and beyond national average results as always. New Wifi systems going in place so the children can use tablets for lessons. Classes up to 18 with some with waiting lists However even when full less than 130 pupils. The confidence and independence my children have gained is unbelievable in such a short space. Please do go and visit you'll be blown away with what a small school can offer.

Berkslass Fri 26-Jun-15 22:22:54

Have you looked at the Abbey school in Reading? We are moving our daughters there. We looked at Waverley and liked it but were blown away by the Abbey.

Oxfordblue Fri 26-Jun-15 23:31:34

The Abbey is very good for Alpha Females, it doesn't suit all..very much have your pencil lined up correctly.

Have you looked at St Josephs ? What's your school catchment & what's your child like ? Most Wokingham schools are pretty good.

colander1 Sat 27-Jun-15 08:58:58

Waverley is lovely - nurturing and friendly. Abbey juniors is great for driven, tough, competitive girls. If you have a delicate, sensitive girl it isn't the place for her. Opportunities there are fab though.

Boardingblues Mon 06-Jul-15 20:27:25

Have you looked at St Neots in Eversley? Lovely school, not too far from Workingham

Boardingblues Mon 06-Jul-15 20:27:46

Doh! Wokingham

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now