Maidenhead-Grammar schools in Bucks

(5 Posts)
monkeyblonde Wed 16-Jul-14 18:11:26

Does anyone have any experience of admission to Sir William Borlase in Marlow from Maidenhead? How many places are generally available? Maidenhead is designated as an out of county catchment area for this school. We are looking to relocate and are unsure as to whether being in Maidenhead would put our boys at a significant disadvantage.

Also, should they be unsuccessful in obtaining a place does anyone have a view on the local secondary options versus grammar school please?

KittyandTeal Wed 16-Jul-14 18:19:08

I had lots of friends that went to Borlase.

I am 32 but they all loved it and spoke very highly of the school. I know things may well have changed but I imagine it has a pretty standard, consistent intake.

monkeyblonde Wed 16-Jul-14 21:23:35

Hi KittyandTeal, assume that you're from Maidenhead then?

MillyMollyMama Tue 22-Jul-14 17:03:27

I would live in Bucks if you really want this school. It is the safer policy.

LAlady Tue 22-Jul-14 19:48:40

You'll find parts of Maidenhead are in catchment for SWB. Quite a few children go there from the Cookham area. Lots of Maidenhead children go to other Bucks grammars - John Hampden (there are three private buses picking up from the Maidenhead area) and Beaconsfield High. We are at the top of a hill in Berks and the bottom of the hill in Bucks! But you'll need to check the allocation profiles for SWB - not sure how far they went out this year on catchment but some Maidenhead children have got places.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now