'Legal highs'

(3 Posts)
ObjectionOverruled Fri 04-Jul-14 09:54:56

My DC recently was given some information about so-called 'legal highs'. This term bugs the hell out of me. It refers to drugs which are totally unregulated and have not gone through the proper channels that drugs need to go through before distribution to the wider public. So they are 'legal' by account of the fact that they haven't been made 'illegal' because the system cannot keep up with the rate that they are being developed and churned out.

Surely we can come up with a less innocuous term which conveys the Russian roulette nature of this stuff.

IndridCold Fri 04-Jul-14 17:31:24

I totally agree with you! DH went to a lecture at DS's school on drugs, and was horrified at the stuff about these 'legal highs'.
As you say, they are legal only because they are being developed so quickly that the testing and the law cannot possibly keep up with them.

Adikia Fri 04-Jul-14 21:52:06

sad please tell me this information at least included that they are a bloody stupid thing to do and can kill?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now