Extra tuition reccommendations? PLEASE (Herts)

(6 Posts)
happsymum Wed 02-Jul-14 12:51:15

Hi lovely ladies smile
needing help muchly! my daughters just turned 9 and in an IEP course in school already but in a massive panic that she's incredibly far behind in her maths - times tables! im useless at them myself so don't want to muddle her up by trying to teach her myself. done one course of private tuition for her already, despite recommendations, i felt all she was doing was doing her homework and daily reading with her and for £20 a go, decided to stop these hmm but need to find another asap that will focus on just maths, i just don't know where to look! im in Buntingford village but happily would travel around these areas - royston, baldock, letchworth, hitchin stevenage etc etc if was worth it smile PLLLLLEASE Help! thank you grin x

Lots of students will be returning home for the summer and will be looking to earn a bit of money. Many of them will be more than capable to teach times tables too.
Have you tried looking on your local church notice boards?

Jasmineatm Wed 02-Jul-14 22:42:51

At 21 and a recent graduate, I only work a few days a week and would be happy to teach your child maths when I'm not at work. At that age I always found it difficult to learn my times tables, however ended up learning easy tricks for learning them and think it would be great to pass on my knowledge. I live in bengeo, so it's not that far!

happsymum Thu 03-Jul-14 11:41:05

Thank you both !
Jasmineatm that would be perfect! i do shift work so is there any chance of fitting in with that weekly depending on your availability and days off? ill message you my mobile no now for easier contact. thank you so much (YAY!) [grinn]

ephpa95 Thu 03-Jul-14 18:51:14

I have a friend who enrolled her child in Kumon maths - and says it saved her life!

happsymum Tue 08-Jul-14 19:58:07

Thank you. Will look into kumon too, jasmine I've inboxed u my no. Thanks guys smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now