Help Mr Gove set the criteria to describe a 'feckless parent'

(9 Posts)
ipadquietly Fri 13-Jun-14 20:14:02

1. A parent who sends a child away to a single-sex boarding school for 11 years.

CharlesRyder Fri 13-Jun-14 21:22:16

When did he say that? I though he would LOVE that as there would be 11 years to stuff them with silver spoons British values.

ipadquietly Fri 13-Jun-14 21:26:43

Just suggesting one of the criteria, Charles!

Luggagecarousel Fri 13-Jun-14 23:08:34

A parent who doesn't have a car!

Idon't know if Gove thinks that, but certainly various HTs and teachers that my DC have had seem to feel that way.....

Luggagecarousel Fri 13-Jun-14 23:10:12

A parent who doesn't have a car!

Don't know what Gove thinks about that, but certainly various HTs and teachers that my DC have had seem to consider this outrageous and unthinkable.

Luggagecarousel Fri 13-Jun-14 23:10:54

Oh! The first post vanished, so I wrote it again- now I have two! sorry

prh47bridge Fri 13-Jun-14 23:48:26

When did he say that?

He didn't. Nor did anyone else in the government. An MP (Margot James) who sits on a policy advisory board was photographed with a piece of paper carrying a number of policy proposals. One of these was, "Apply conditions for parents on benefits (training or parenting classes)." The Daily Mail ran this under the headline "Feckless parents may be stripped of their benefits unless they take lessons in raising family". They linked this with Gove's proposal to dock child benefit from parents of persistent truants as a way of collecting unpaid fines.

Escada Sat 14-Jun-14 05:15:49

Constantly absent fathers away on business or working late into every night – like Cameron’s.

tibbysmum Sat 14-Jun-14 05:59:32

Leaving your child in the pub after having a drink.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now