Malvern st James prep school

(4 Posts)
Poppyanise Sun 08-Jun-14 21:18:04

I am a local mother with a daughter in an outstanding local primary in Malvern. Not entirely convinced my daughter is being pushed enough. We are considering MSJ. I have visited the school but felt it is a senior school with a prep just tacked on. Has anyone experience of the prep school and know if it's rated?

4happyhours Tue 10-Jun-14 09:23:41

Go and have a look at The Elms in Colwall instead. Our son's just finishing there this term and it has been the best prep school we've had experience of ... the Head, Alastair Thomas is exceptional.

MalvernHills Tue 10-Jun-14 13:15:53

How old is your daughter? I have two daughters in the prep department at MSJ. I moved them both from an "outstanding" local(ish) primary school. I could not be happier with the school. I looked at The Elms, The Downs, Haberdashers Monmouth and Hereford Cathedral. After MSJ my second choice was Monmouth. I would not have sent either of them to any of the others.

Do you have any specific concerns or questions? What was it that made you concerned about the Prep Department not being strong in its own right? The teachers that my daughters have are absolutely exceptional. They have surpassed our expectations (which were very high to start with). You are more than welcome to PM me with any questions. Post on here if you do so I know to check for a message!

malvernstjamesgirlsschool Wed 11-Jun-14 16:46:12

Hello. This is Malvern St James Girls’ School. We noticed this thread, and hope you don’t mind us commenting. Do feel free to come in again to see us if you wish - you are welcome to come in as many times as you would like, and if you want to bring your daughter in for a taster day or two, to sample life in Prep, we would be delighted to welcome her. We are happy to help in any way that suits you - just let us know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now