Gove. When will he go?

(155 Posts)
stillenacht1 Sun 08-Jun-14 20:48:36

Things are unravelling for our Michael. What do you think will become of him? If he goes I will hold a partysmile

LuluJakey1 Sun 08-Jun-14 20:50:57

Can I come to your party? I can think of nothing I would like to celebrate more. I have lots of friends who would come too- probably at least 200. #GoveMustGO

CharlesRyder Sun 08-Jun-14 20:53:42

I will come, also with 200 friends. Get a big venue. Maybe hire a National Park.

clam Sun 08-Jun-14 20:55:10

Things are unravelling for him? Really?
You promise?????

grin grin grin grin grin grin

stillenacht1 Sun 08-Jun-14 21:04:04

Everyone is invitedsmile

Maybe wishful thinking but dear God he HAS to shove off soon please!

picnicbasketcase Sun 08-Jun-14 21:05:33

I wish he'd just fuck off. Every new thing he comes out with is more deranged and puts even more stress on already overworked teachers. He hasn't a clue. And I'm not even a teacher.

poorbuthappy Sun 08-Jun-14 21:08:57

We are on the list please.
We are in Wakes but dh teaches in England so I feel we have a vested interest.
There will be a massive party at ours when he goes. gringrin

poorbuthappy Sun 08-Jun-14 21:09:25

Wakes!????? Wales obviously.

Justtoobad Sun 08-Jun-14 21:11:08

Should we send out the invites now, first one addressed Dear Mr Gove, exciting news.....

stillenacht1 Sun 08-Jun-14 21:13:49

Sounds good to me but he is definitely not invited!

LuluJakey1 Sun 08-Jun-14 21:26:23

Please God let him go soon- for the sake of a whole generation of children whose education he is screwing about with sad angry

motherinferior Sun 08-Jun-14 21:27:42

There will be dancing in the streets.

OhMyActualDays Sun 08-Jun-14 21:27:52

Surely he is an election liability, he must be costing them votes!

chart53 Sun 08-Jun-14 22:05:01

I am sure UKIP would have him ... surely that is where the mad and the bad go these days.

HeleneCixous Sun 08-Jun-14 23:15:32

Not soon enough, that's for sure

gertiegusset Sun 08-Jun-14 23:17:51

I know, I know...

But he is so blimmin' fugly too.

<shallow>

I love Gove being taken to the head and made to say sorry. grin

lecherrs Sun 08-Jun-14 23:33:39

Please let it be soon. His latest reforms to A levels and the scrapping of the 30 A levels and GCSEs is, I fear letting down students.

We can only hope he goes before he gets chance to implement these policies.

In 16 years of teaching, I've never hated an education secretary. I loathe this man.

LuluJakey1 Mon 09-Jun-14 06:18:18

Look at this morning's news on Birmingham Schools. This is a direct outcome of Gove's policies.
Academies and Free schools do not answer to the Local Education Authority, they answer to central government and can do almost as they please.
Gove has pushed academisation of schools and introduced Free Schools. They can teach what they like and anyone can teach in them. So of course you get nutters involved in them, of course standards are low.
How many academies, academy chains and Free Schools now have been in trouble because they are failing schools? Many just in the last few months.

Gove Must Go!

stillenacht1 Mon 09-Jun-14 07:11:44

Totally agree LuluJakey.

Gove out!!!!

stillenacht1 Mon 09-Jun-14 07:13:14

Agree lecherrs in 20 years of teaching I have never felt such a loathing for an Ed Sec.

meditrina Mon 09-Jun-14 07:18:35

They don't see him as a liability.

They're not his personal policies. They are Coalition policies.

He just gets them through (a good quality from the Westminster POV, especially as it is rare to achieve that in this particular Ministry).

PickledPorcupine Mon 09-Jun-14 07:19:02

He's ruined my career, no other way of putting it! Going to have a baby and then leave teaching sad.

noblegiraffe Mon 09-Jun-14 07:20:43

Where will he go? Leader of the Conservatives probably.

SpottieDottie Mon 09-Jun-14 07:21:26

I think there should be street parties up and down the country when he goes!

My youngest starts a new school in September, by my reckoning they have done at least 15 tests since the Easter holidays. Any system which demands so much testing needs to be massively overhauled. The latest one was a maths test which included stuff that they have never been taught, no idea what level it was but if the top set maths set haven't been taught it then what is the point?

Similarly, they did the level 5 literacy paper and some did the level 6 paper. The whole class, including those who were told they had got level 5 or 6 had to do the level 4 paper. Home education suddenly seems like a good idea.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now