Study Leave

(7 Posts)
Horsemad Mon 12-May-14 17:44:28

What is the situation regarding Study Leave? A work colleague mentioned a local school where pupils no longer get SL, and said it was a new govt policy. Yet my DC's school are having it although they are not calling it SL!

Confused.com

EatSleepRaveRepeat Tue 13-May-14 12:24:48

My DD does not have any SL, she is getting booster classes around the exam timetable these will be become less the more exams she does.

Horsemad Tue 13-May-14 15:35:48

I think each school is doing it their own way. My DC's school are also doing revision sessions in lesson time but they are also allowed to negotiate with the teachers of those lessons and can do revision at home. Sounds a bit strange to me!

deepinthewoods Tue 13-May-14 15:52:25

My son is in 4th year ( he is 16) and currently sitting exams. he has the whole of the month of May off, only required to attend on the actual exam.

Xihha Thu 15-May-14 10:23:56

Little sister is doing GCSE's at the moment and they got a couple of days off before the exams started and only have to go in if they have an exam and can go home straight after.

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Thu 15-May-14 10:30:32

DS1 is in Year 11 & sitting his GCSE's too. They are on full timetable (i.e. in all day from 8.45am to 3.20pm) until 23rd May. They are doing revision sessions when there is no exam.

After half-term there are still compulsory revision sessions for the remaining exams, but DS1 will only have to be in school if there is either an exam or a revision session. He only has maths left to take in June, so won't be in school much.

DD us on full time table as well, no study leave, and Saturday revision classes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now