Scottish Private Schools

(9 Posts)
Scottiemum Tue 06-May-14 13:28:14

We are in a boarding prep in Scotland at the moment and it is fabulous but need to look for senior schools any recommendations? As always the brochures and DVDs all look fabulous but...????? Recommendations welcome!!

Where about in Scotland are you?
Do you want mixed or single sex? If single, boy or girl?
smile

Scottiemum Tue 06-May-14 13:39:33

For sporty DS. Doesn't matter where in Scotland although have rule out Gordonstoun. Mixed preferred.

Sorry for firing questions at you! Does it need to be boarding or are day schools an option too?

Scottiemum Tue 06-May-14 14:58:47

No it must be full boarding. They love boarding!!

starving Tue 06-May-14 22:10:05

There are some schools which have a high % of boarders like Strathallen, Loretto, Glenalmond & Fettes, which all have excellent academic reputations, others like St Leonards, Dollar, and Lomond all have some boarders but a higher % of day pupils.

To be honest there isn't a poor private school in Scotland! You really need to visit and see which you prefer

Expatmomma Wed 07-May-14 16:47:51

Know boys at Merchiston Castle... Very sporty and great at adding value. One boy we know with dyslexia has flown there. Parents and boys we know love it.

3nationsfamily Fri 09-May-14 15:13:55

Another vote for Merchiston here- my DS is there in the Junior school and has flourished in so many ways- very high academic standards now being achieved but non selective and treat all boys as individuals with their own talents be it in sport, music, arts or technology. Brilliant pastoral care too. My DS is a day boy but majority 70%+ boarding so really geared up for boarders.PM me if you want any more info

MatronMarian Fri 09-May-14 16:52:54

Loretto

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now