If you have a child in a school nursery...

(7 Posts)
curiousgeorgie Tue 06-May-14 09:14:56

Did you have to reapply for their place the 2nd year?

I don't know if I've totally mucked up but my daughter started at nursery in January, it's attached to the school and I had to apply through the council.

Was I supposed to reapply again for this September or does her place automatically roll over?

I heard another parent say something about it and now I'm panicked confused

WhenDoISleep Tue 06-May-14 09:16:44

Will she still be in nursery in September or is she due to start school in the Reception class?

TeenAndTween Tue 06-May-14 09:20:34

Is your child going to be 5 between 1st Sep 14 and 31st Aug 15?
If so then yes you should have formally applied for a reception place.
However in this case I would have expected the nursery to have been badgering/informing you of this.

So probably your child will still be 4 come 31st Aug 2015, in which case I would expect the place to roll over. Certainly if it wasn't going to I would expect the nursery to have been in contact informing you!

Maybe the other parent's child is older?

curiousgeorgie Tue 06-May-14 09:40:24

No, I don't mean into reception. She doesn't turn 4 until October. I mean for the next year of nursery?

TeenAndTween Tue 06-May-14 11:35:48

I would be surprised if you have to re-register for the next academic year at nursery, but the only way you'll know is to ask the nursery itself.

tiggytape Tue 06-May-14 12:19:22

You definitely have to re-apply at the end of this year (Jan 2015 deadline) if you want her to have a reception place next year but there is no national scheme for applying to nursery. Each has their own system so you'd need to ask them.

I can't imagine why you would though.
Once you're in reception for example, you won't have to apply for Year 1, Year 2 etc. Do check though.

frillysockmum Wed 07-May-14 11:13:07

Ours stay automatically but they ask you to confirm that you want to stay in nursery etc - just check with the nursery leader

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now