Which books to help KS2 sats work?

(9 Posts)
lechers Tue 22-Apr-14 19:28:52

Hello, my daughter is currently in year 5, and is close to achieving her goal for her SATs grade / level this year, so she has asked for a book to help her improve her grades.

I've had a look on Amazon, but there are so many different books, that I haven't a clue as to which ones are the best to buy. Dd particularly wants to work on improving her English writing and Maths.

Has anyone got a recommendation for a book she can use to help her improve her Work?

TIA.

SatansFurryJamHats Tue 22-Apr-14 19:33:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SatansFurryJamHats Tue 22-Apr-14 19:34:31

ChoccyBunny Tue 22-Apr-14 19:35:49

Our school has given the kids CGP books to help them with their SATs (in year 6).

Alternatively we've also used Schofield & Simms for comprehension and maths.

Have you spoken with her teachers about this? Can they recommend anything?

lechers Thu 24-Apr-14 19:24:46

Thank you. I have ordered the riding stars books. They look pretty much what DD is after.

SatansFurryJamHats Thu 24-Apr-14 19:59:01

PennySillin Thu 24-Apr-14 19:59:23

Which ones do you order? DS is in year 4 but not quite at the level expected and u would like to help him at home a bit more but like you I'm inundated with books and online resources and I'm not sure what to invest in!

SatansFurryJamHats Thu 24-Apr-14 20:10:51

PennySillin Thu 24-Apr-14 20:13:05

They look good but maybe a bit too advanced for DS just yet! He is a level 3, trying to improve to a secure level 3.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now