Name tapes and PTA fundraising

(7 Posts)
Waswondering Mon 31-Mar-14 12:40:57

Hi - just wondered if anyone can share some wisdom. Other than Easy2Name, does your school get funds from name tape orders? Our PTA is looking at this as a possible way of fundraising.

Thanks!

TeenAndTween Mon 31-Mar-14 13:02:07

That's an interesting suggestion.

I don't think it would work at our school as most parents just write names on the label with a pen - or don't even bother doing that. I can't see many bothering with sewing in name tapes (unless they are iron on?)

Come to think of it, iron on name tapes that the PTA put in for you could be a good money raiser?

Also, I bought one set of name tapes for my DD2 when she was 3, and I expect them to last her all the way through secondary at the rate they get used.

Though maybe at a larger school with different demographics it could work.

I'll watch this space with interest.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 31-Mar-14 13:04:19

I spotted this scheme over the weekend and was going to propose it at out next PTA meeting.

It's only a small school, but any income from it would be better than nothing.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 31-Mar-14 13:09:35

I also spotted this on a different schools PTA page which I'm going to look into:

easyfundraising

Waswondering Mon 31-Mar-14 13:15:40

Easy to name offer 20% commission to schools - we were keen to put these into incoming parents' information packs, as the school is complaining about the volume of lost property and unnamed uniforms kicking about.

I've used them before and really like their packs including names and stickers. They do iron and sew on labels smile

Soapysuds64 Tue 01-Apr-14 18:46:26

we use mine4sure.com - our PTA got about £100 for the last 6 months or so (and not that many people use them.....) I think it is about 15% cash back to the PTA with parents able to get discounts for buying multiple packs. They can donate raffle prizes as well.

Mellie80 Wed 06-Aug-14 00:07:14

my friend told me about Le Petit Artist, they stamp pencils, rulers, bags etc and really good quality items. If you are a person ordering directly off their website then they make a personal donation to Macmillan, but if you book a project with them they give you upto 20% commission on sales to parents.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now