St James School Ashford for boys

(5 Posts)
Fridayschild Thu 27-Mar-14 14:25:25

Anyone with current/ recent experience of this school? There are threads from 2012 which have been helpful I am thinking about it - late in the day I know - for DS to start in September in year 7. Registrar quite chipper about the waiting list prospects. Happy to pm if you would prefer that.

Have friends whose DD is in the Girls school in y9 and they are very positive about the philosophy, somewhat to their surprise.

Eastpoint Fri 28-Mar-14 06:38:22

My friend's son is in yr12. He moved there from a very academic prep where he was an unhappy 11 year old and has really thrived. She is very happy with his school experience, sport is good and he likes cadets. He & his friends do not go out drinking, he is polite and helpful around the house. Boys go on from St James to a wide range of universities depending on who they are.

Fridayschild Fri 28-Mar-14 13:42:55

thank you! the ISCI report says the IT has room for improvement, as does the food. I don't suppose your friend or her son have mentioned anything about that?

Eastpoint Fri 28-Mar-14 17:25:42

I know that the food is all vegetarian. I spent much of the day with her but can ask her before the end of the weekend. They had activities week this week.

Fridayschild Fri 28-Mar-14 21:22:29

Yes I was hoping to go and see it this week but need to wait till next term. Ds can eat meat at home...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now