question about AS level parents' evening.....

(9 Posts)
olivia41 Tue 25-Mar-14 22:02:18

Hi, DS is in first year of A levels..... parents' evening is coming up and I've never met any of his tutors... I've no specific concerns etc, but it would be nice to meet them face to face. Is it okay to make an appt. so that I can simply meet them and maybe ask about progress etc, or is it intended to be used if you have specific concerns/queries? Thanks.

MillyMollyMama Tue 25-Mar-14 23:05:26

At our schools all parents were invited. Why would you not want to ask how well he is doing? We did not always have specific questions but the teachers will have some information prepared for you, so I would go and hear it. Won't you be looking around universities soon? Maybe chat about his post A level options.

noblegiraffe Tue 25-Mar-14 23:10:52

They'll be expecting to see you!

olivia41 Tue 25-Mar-14 23:53:00

Thanks for replies smile - I do have regular reports (as does everyone) about progress, etc, so I've a good idea of what's going on etc, but of course I want to know how it's all going, etc! Thanks again - good idea to talk about post A-level options, by the way - thanks.

BackforGood Wed 26-Mar-14 00:09:33

Agree with others - I treated it just as any other Parents' Evening - went to meet all the staff, and see what they had to say.

hellsbells99 Wed 26-Mar-14 16:21:12

I have DDs coming up and am planning to ask how they predict the A level grades that are used for applying to university

TheBeautifulVisit Wed 26-Mar-14 17:14:48

hellsbells - Oh good luck with that one. grin My child's has a policy of the AS achieved grade being the predicted grade. Except sometimes about which there is no policy.

MillyMollyMama Wed 26-Mar-14 17:49:50

The Open Days at Universities are coming up. Some you will need to book. I would start looking at where his interests lie and where/what you should put on the shortlist and then get onto the web sites. The parents evening could be a starting point for this.

hellsbells99 Wed 26-Mar-14 19:35:01

TheBeautifulVisit - I wondered how it worked! My friend's DD apparently begged the teachers got on her knees to predict the grades she needed to be considered for her choice of course smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now