No news for waiting list.

(14 Posts)
Chocolove Sat 22-Mar-14 10:43:34

There hasn't been any reply from the school (which has placed my DD on the waiting list) lately. Is there any chance that the school may offer a place for my DD?

Ladymuck Sat 22-Mar-14 10:47:18

Independent or state? If the former then it is worth phoning. IME the waitlist is often followed according to ranking, you can just get lucky with the timing of your call... If the latter, then a lot of schools will only start reoffering next week.

meditrina Sat 22-Mar-14 10:47:23

Are you talking about a state secondary? Or some other sort if school?

For the former, replies should be coming in from first round offers by now, so there may well be movement on the waiting list as that all settles down. And after that wave, then you should get a clearer idea of where you are on the list (though that position may go down as well as up).

If it's an independent school, you'll need to ring up and ask.

Chocolove Sat 22-Mar-14 11:54:30

Thanks ladymuck and meditrina. It's St.Catherine Bramley

Scoobyblue Sat 22-Mar-14 12:00:31

Definitely ring and ask.

Chocolove Sat 22-Mar-14 16:23:09

Did any ever encounter similar situations?

Chocolove Sat 22-Mar-14 16:23:25

anyone*

Zingy123 Sat 22-Mar-14 16:47:40

I am still waiting too for our school. Council keep fobbing me off telling me to ring the following week. There has been some places given out on Thursday/Friday near to me. I think things may be on the move at last. It's making me I'll it's all I can think about and I am hardly sleeping.

Good luck.

Ludways Sat 22-Mar-14 16:52:05

My ds got in on a waiting list on 28th May, so nearly 3 months after going on the list. Appeal hearings moved pupils around a bit and he got in. I had his appeal set for 2 days later which I didn't need to do in the end.

NaturalBlondeYeahRight Sat 22-Mar-14 16:58:31

Yes I got in on the waiting list in May as well. I don't know if it's the same in every county but mine does it monthy until all places are sorted. Good luck

tiggytape Sat 22-Mar-14 17:29:04

It is still a bit early for much waiting list movement at state schools.

Offers were made on March 3rd. Parents were given 2 weeks to reply. Then follows a period of chasing up parents who didn't reply and sorting out where the new vacancies exist.

Only after that is complete can new offers go out to those on the waiting lists. Some councils compelte this process faster than others. Even where the school runs its own list, it still relies on the council to send out the new offer letters so there can be a delay between the council being informed of new vacancies and actually sending out the letters to the children on the list.

There will probably be an initial flurry of activity at the start of April when the declined offers from the March 3rd offers are ready to be offered to new children followed by a trickle of waiting list offers all through the summer as people move out of area and decline and accept places elsewhere.

Chocolove Sun 23-Mar-14 03:02:17

Thanks everyone! I just hope for the best and good luck to all of you too

titchy Sun 23-Mar-14 14:37:40

The school is private so state school waiting lists won't have much of an effect. Phone them OP.

Unexpected Sun 23-Mar-14 16:09:14

What similar situation are you asking if people have experience of? That of being on an independent school waiting list? Yes, lots of people have been there. Have you phoned them? How often? When did you last speak to them? If this the school you really want your daughter to attend, then keep phoning, write expressing how interested you are in getting a place. What was thie deadline for acceptance of places for thiose who were successful?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now