Fee-paying Schools in Cheltenham/nearby Glos

(5 Posts)
chelterskelter Sat 08-Feb-14 18:12:34

DS is currently in Year 1 of a decent state primary, but we'd like to consider looking at somewhere with smaller class sizes.

Where would you recommend, in our just outside of Cheltenham? We don't have mega-bucks, by any stretch, so perhaps Berkhampstead? We have no experience of the fee-paying schools, so any info is very gratefully received. Thank you.

chelterskelter Sun 09-Feb-14 18:26:14

Bump! :-)

bottersnike Mon 10-Feb-14 11:58:16

I know several kids at both Berkhampstead and Dean Close, all of whom are very happy (as are their parents). I don't have personal experience of any of the other private / prep schools, but I know there are others on here who have, so hopefully they'll be along soon to share smile

pimmsgalore Tue 11-Feb-14 12:34:36

There are quite a few around depends whether you want prep, prep plus senior, coed etc

Mine are at Wycliffe in Stonehouse, they have a bus to Cheltenham so you could also consider some further out as they all do minibus routes. We play Dean Close,

pimmsgalore Tue 11-Feb-14 12:38:00

sorry posted too early,

Also play Beaudesert, St Edwards and Cheltenham college at sports and they all are lovely. Think it really depends on your budget and what you are looking for. Best thing to do is go look around a few and narrow it down

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now