Kingston Grammar 11+

(68 Posts)
mondaygirl Tue 14-Jan-14 13:55:13

Does anyone know how many sat the 11+ exam this year for Kingston Grammar, and when you can expect to be called back for an interview?

reddidi Sat 15-Feb-14 17:49:01

Were you all parents of girls or did anyone get news yesterday?

Apparently he has the headship of a prep school, is moving with his family, unrelated to the head leaving. His deputy (who has been there a while) is replacing him as head of Y7.

reddidi Tue 11-Feb-14 00:58:07

I see that the much-liked Mr Dunlop, the First Year's Head of Year, is also leaving.

Shootingatpigeons Fri 07-Feb-14 18:47:35

It sounded to back up the buzz around the school

ClaraMaugham Fri 07-Feb-14 15:53:29

Ooh he sounds lovely! Have such a good vibe about the school...

castlesintheair Fri 07-Feb-14 15:26:16

Thanks for posting that CD. That is very encouraging to read.

Congratulations to everyone's DCs that got in this year and good luck for next. See you on the 11+ 2015 thread!

Oh I don't know, maybe not - I'll report myself

Though to be fair the school themselves quote from it in their prospectus online...

reddidi Fri 07-Feb-14 14:35:08

Is it OK to quote verbatim from another publication? From the subscription only part of another site?

Oh and congrats to your dd Irisha - mine is starting there is Sept too (from 10+ last year)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ClaraMaugham Wed 05-Feb-14 20:53:35

DD was offered a place! So pleased - we really love the school and hear such good things about it. Chooknhook did your post ever come? Ours was really late as well - so stressful!

Shootingatpigeons Wed 05-Feb-14 13:32:27

The buzz inside the school about the new Head is very positive. I am not sure of the origin but he seems to have impressed staff, students or both. Also I think Sarah Fletcher has been amazing, by far the most impressive Head at all these schools but she had a very solid bedrock in terms of the staff. A lot of continuity. When my DDs applied it was the previous rather dry business like Head, a delegator, but that sense that the school is encouraging and happy was there then as well.

irisha Wed 05-Feb-14 13:16:16

Thank you Chooknhook,

We are, of course, delighted, but a) a bit number since this process is so draining that you kind of become apathetic by the end of it (and we still have to wait for 14th re other schools); b) head change is a concern. Although I had a conversation a few days ago with someone who claims knowledge of the recruitment process (and he did seem to know a lot about all the heads and heads changes) and he says that KGS was absolutely inundated with applications and had a huge pool to choose from - and the new head is supposed to be very good. My concern of course is that he doesn't seem to have experience in the private sector and comes from a boy's school rather than co-ed or mix of experiences (I think Sara Fletcher's CV before KGS was a lot more exciting).

We'll see. Fingers crossed for you. They certainly sent the letter so whatever the outcome you'll know soon enough. The wait is an absolute killer!

Chooknhook Wed 05-Feb-14 13:03:11

Congratulations irisha!
You must be absolutely delighted.
Still no sign of our postman...

irisha Wed 05-Feb-14 12:56:39

Yes, we just had the post, literally half an hour ago with offer for DD. They post girls' offers earlier (I think yesterday was the official posting date).

Chooknhook Wed 05-Feb-14 07:10:34

Has anyone had the post today? shockMy nerves are so frayed...

wheresthebeach Wed 29-Jan-14 09:23:10

A friend has had a Surbiton High offer so they are def winging their way across London

reddidi Wed 29-Jan-14 01:05:00

From the information emailed to 11+ applicants:

Offers will be sent by first class post on:

Tuesday 4th February 2014 for girls
Thursday 13th February 2014 for boys

All acceptances are due by noon on Wednesday 5th March 2014.

Note there is a separate thread for 10+ handholding.

ClaraMaugham Tue 28-Jan-14 23:51:25

Hi Chooknhook - we're waiting for 11+ too. Not expecting to hear anything for another week though. The waiting is the worst. No one seems to have any numbers to cheer us up, although general feedback is that they make quite a lot of offers. I have certainly known many DC be offered KGS in the past, including several who turned it down for other schools. So fingers crossed we should be in with a shot. Getting to interview is definitely an achievement so far!

Chooknhook Tue 28-Jan-14 18:31:44

We know of letters going out from SWPS, Radnor House, Surbiton High School and St.Georges. I think Wimbledon High are posting results out on 4th Feb. Good luck to everyone!

Contessa28 Tue 28-Jan-14 18:17:57

Sir William Perkins have also put offers out for friends who have done the 11 plus. Not sure about rgs Guildford yet or hampton?

amidaiwish Tue 28-Jan-14 15:21:55

Sorry chooknhook can't help only to say I know lots who have had interviews and no one has heard yet. The only school which seems to be quick getting offers out is st george's weybridge. So don't fret yet !

Chooknhook Tue 28-Jan-14 14:43:14

Hello all! My DD sat the KGS 11+ this year and the not knowing the result is killing me... Did your DCs get general or maths/English interviews? My DD had a maths interview (which is def her weaker subject) and hasn't said anything about the interview other than she got a question wrong. Probably better not to know if the result's not the one we want... Does anyone know how many of those with interviews will be put on the waiting list? Unfortunately it's the only school she wants...

Alana1975 Tue 28-Jan-14 13:29:57

nothing as well

wheresthebeach Tue 28-Jan-14 12:58:07

Still nothing....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now