What is the cost...

(55 Posts)
TigerBabyyy Sun 29-Sep-13 16:53:28

Of private primary schools in lancashire north west area?

Are there alot of extra things you have to pay for?

Inclusionist Thu 03-Oct-13 10:46:15

My brother and sister went there for a year but it didn't suit them and mum and dad moved them. I knew somebody who's brother went there but then moved to KGV in Southport for VIth form. I'm a lot younger than my DB and DS and by the time I went to school my parents chose Merchant Taylors'.

It may have changed but Scarisbrick Hall used to be very Catholic in flavour and not very academic.

ilikesweetpeas Fri 04-Oct-13 03:30:31

Thanks inclusionist, I have heard mixed things about it but not yet been to look. Merchants always seems to get a good reputation but it's a lot of travelling from where we live not sure how we would manage that with me working , Scarisbrick has a mini bus from our road so was hoping it would be good!!

Inclusionist Fri 04-Oct-13 07:19:27

Merchants has a lot of coaches too. I got the bus from Southport every day from 4yo and it was never a problem- actually I enjoyed the bus when I was little.

HoratiaNelson Mon 07-Oct-13 13:40:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GenericNWMum Mon 07-Oct-13 14:30:41

I can highly recommend Scarisbrick. Not a local originally so can't tell you about its history, only my experiences of it now. Moved my DCs there from another NW prep school. It is not catholic anymore - seems to be non-denominational, which appeals to me as my own school was, and the GCSe results this year were excellent. Has no sixth form at the moment, but one is in the pipeline. It is quite small, but clearly growing and masses of investment currently going in, so the facilities are in the up.

I am very happy with it - the teaching I've encountered is really excellent and they seem to understand the idea of tayloring the teaching to the needs of the child. The extra-curricular programme is great too and included in the cost. It isn't a highly selective environment, but it seems to me that any child could reach their potential there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now