Twyford c of e/William Perkins

(5 Posts)
mirrorme Wed 25-Sep-13 14:35:26

Is there anyone on here who has dc at either of these schools? I just want opinions from parents, as I am looking into schools for my niece who is in y6.
Tia

UniS Wed 25-Sep-13 18:46:23

I went to Twyford ( a number of years ago.) I'd recommend it to anyone. I'm really pleased they have gone on to open another school with the twyford ethos. My contact wth teh school since I left has been limited to whats online but its till looks like a school that is small enough for kids to be known by staff but big enough to have a wide range of opportunities.

If your dn has no church connection I'd be surprised if she got a twyford place, but a W.Perkins place might be possible if they live close enough.

mirrorme Thu 26-Sep-13 21:39:37

Thank you UniS, my dn has attended church all her life.
If you don't mind me asking, how long ago was this? Was the standard of teaching good? And what did you think of the pastoral care?
Tia

UniS Thu 26-Sep-13 22:00:37

Twas the very early years of GCSE so rather a long time ago. Most of the teaching staff have changed but one or two are still working at Twyford after 20 years!

Back then, yes the teaching standard was good. I'm pretty dyslexic, Had extra time in exams, dropped a language to have extra help with writing , school were more than helpful. ended up with a respectable ( by the standards of the time) 9 GSCES at a-c.

fruitcorner Thu 26-Sep-13 22:06:47

Twyford is fairly local to me and very sought after. The admissions has a points system based on church attendance, involvement etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now