Port Regis or Sandroyd

(4 Posts)
coffeeaddict Tue 24-Sep-13 21:25:19

We are considering one of the above for DS. He is very bright with a quirky sense of humour, enjoys sports - but won't set the place alight - and very musical. And quite sensitive.

Are both these schools too sporty for such a boy? Are they pastoral and caring? Any experience gratefully received! We are going to both open days but inside track is always so valuable...

Stoppicking Wed 25-Sep-13 07:49:24

My very sporty child went to PR, my very musical child did not go to PR (but they didn't go to Sandryod either). grin

Sandryod was smaller (numbers wise) this has benefit of more chances of being in the team, but with PR being larger there were more opportunities of different activities. I know parents who sent one sibling to PR and one to Sandroyd as such different schools.

Nodofftosleep Mon 30-Sep-13 21:47:31

I have had 3 children at PR and can't fault it. Sandroyd is also a first class school but both schools are quite different. Trust your instincts - you will know which is the best fit for your DS as soon as you arrive at the Open Morning. If not go back for another visit. Good luck!

coffeeaddict Wed 02-Oct-13 09:24:04

Thank you both! Will visit both and see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now