I fancy doing an evening class...

(10 Posts)
Leeds2 Sun 18-Aug-13 18:04:18

I would ask at the library. Ours has the brochures for the local colleges.

Our council issues a booklet of courses at this time of year. In fact, I've been trying to talk dp into joining a singing class with me!

LIZS Sun 18-Aug-13 17:44:21

Hotcourses is another website worth looking at. Check your FE college's part time courses - sometimes they bury leisure courses in with qualifications. Might be worth going to the library and asking who provides Adult courses locally or your county council website may state who is designated to provide it . However specific funding has been cut back year by year so provision has become less and less and fees higher, unless work related skills or for those seeking work.

louisea Sun 18-Aug-13 17:38:28

What part of the country? Have you checked Footlights?

selpats Sat 17-Aug-13 22:11:13

Courses here seem to be limited to ESOL and 'entry level numeracy or literacy'.

WEA do a few courses here but they are mainly ESOL or IT

sad

creamteas Sat 17-Aug-13 18:06:49

Where I live the local FE colleges offer some and the council does some adult ed as well. Details are on their websites.

We also have some local WEA courses

Acinonyx Sat 17-Aug-13 17:34:02

I'd be surprised if you don't have any. Your local county council should have a link to adult education. Here, all the secondary schools have evening classes for adults - so look on their websites too.

NewNameforNewTerm Sat 17-Aug-13 17:17:47

Yes - local FE college does a few, but not seen them advertised yet. I'm looking at Spanish or Pilates for September. May be worth asking in your local library.

selpats Sat 17-Aug-13 14:12:33

Sorry- I posted too soon

Do they exist in your area? I'm hoping that I'm looking in the wrong place

selpats Sat 17-Aug-13 14:11:46

either GCSE Maths or
something random like pottery

sad it seems they don't exist in our area in more sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now