school appeal based on distance

(5 Posts)
AgaBe Sat 15-Jun-13 19:11:24

The admissions authority made an error calculating our distance from school and admitted it. Should they have it calculated correctly we would be admitted from the waiting list by now. Do we have any chances? Will the panel take account of the position on the waiting list?

prh47bridge Sat 15-Jun-13 20:03:02

If you would have had a place if they had calculated the distance correctly an appeal should be successful unless a lot of children were affected by the mistake and the school can't cope with all of them.

AgaBe Sat 15-Jun-13 20:08:56

I originally wanted to post it in Primary Education. So just posted it again there.

AgaBe Sun 16-Jun-13 11:42:48

Thank you, prh. My guess is that the max amount of children that were affected and are closer than last child offered from waiting list including us (twins) is 5. The best scenario is only my kids. Should the admission authority tell me how many are there?

prh47bridge Sun 16-Jun-13 20:19:46

Debatable. Depending on the situation they may think that revealing the number effectively reveals who is involved which would be a breach of data protection.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now