free schools what has been yr experience so far?

(11 Posts)
MrsJamin Tue 18-Jun-13 21:54:11

DS will be moving to a free school in 2 years, I can't wait, I haven't heard anything but praise from parents.

nennypops Tue 18-Jun-13 21:27:04

A neighbour has a child in WLFS and is desperate to move him. I think in general her feeling is that they are really squashing all individuality in pursuit of the proprietors' ideology around a 1950s style education.

Whathaveiforgottentoday Tue 18-Jun-13 21:02:18

if they are new schools they will only have year 7's or reception if primary, so the feedback is hardly realistic yet. We won't be able to make any sort of judgement until the schools have been running a few years.
I have a friend working at a free school and so far she thinks its quite good.

BayJay Tue 18-Jun-13 14:10:29

"or are they all very seperately indvidual in style?"

eragon - I think you'll find that's meant to be the whole idea smile.

Relaxmum Sun 16-Jun-13 11:22:12

Here I'm with a DS at Wlfs year 7. I honestly couldn't express enough my satisfaction with the school. DS is having a fantastic year and enjoying every minute of it. The relationship between the teachers and children is based on total respect to each others. We just came out of the end of year exam, hands down to the staff the way they prepared the children with revision booklets and revision technic session which was very helpful for revising effectively and independently. This is from a parent point of view and I can talk forever how happy I am with this school so far.

ipadquietly Sun 16-Jun-13 00:26:28

One of you must have dcs at a free school, or work at one.

ipadquietly Sat 15-Jun-13 12:24:03

Bumpety, bumpety bump!

allyfe Fri 14-Jun-13 21:27:39

Me too! Please reply current free-schoolers!

ipadquietly Fri 14-Jun-13 21:10:53

Same here. Let's bump it up. grin

lljkk Fri 14-Jun-13 16:01:16

nothing to contribute just nosy & want to see replies.

eragon Fri 14-Jun-13 15:37:12

have just had an interview with a free school.

what are your experiences as a parent or working in one?

or are they all very seperately indvidual in style?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now