Cool teachers / Cringeworth / Teachers revenge ?

(16 Posts)
Lemonsole Wed 19-Jun-13 17:16:18

I think that it shows genuinely sincere mutual respect between staff and pupils, and I can well believe that you wouldn't notice anything behind you. Schools are never quiet.

As usual, I agree with Talkinpeace- you can see that this a school that does the right thing by its pupils.

I particularly like the boy with all the badges, who is clearly a Very Important Head Boy. grin

Talkinpeace Wed 19-Jun-13 16:18:12

That looks like a REALLY happy school.
and it just shows that when choosing a school, a visit is worth a million raw exam reults
www.honitoncollege.devon.sch.uk/index.php/parents/core-performance-indicators

Eastpoint Wed 19-Jun-13 05:37:58
Eastpoint Wed 19-Jun-13 05:28:54

I really enjoyed this, thank you for sharing.

That's very funny smile

TheBuskersDog Mon 17-Jun-13 23:16:31

Son's

TheBuskersDog Mon 17-Jun-13 23:16:12

The teachers at my sons school do a video every year of them dancing/miming for the leavers.

wineoclocktimeyet Mon 17-Jun-13 15:16:49

I wish I went there!

UniS Mon 17-Jun-13 15:06:29

HCC have a bit of tradition of this kind of "leavers dance video" , this year they managed one that was teachers rather than students & teachers.

EndoplasmicReticulum Thu 13-Jun-13 22:06:17

I have not seen this before, but if you search "teachers dancing behind students" on Youtube there are lots - it's become a Thing!

Brilliant idea, and I am very tempted.

I can fully believe that the students wouldn't notice, in a school there is always something going on in the background.

EvilTwins Thu 13-Jun-13 17:51:40

I think it's a good alternative to the usual dull speeches. We did something along similar linesa the Yr11s haven't seen it yet.

deleted203 Wed 12-Jun-13 22:44:03

I just think that's rather fab!

Talkinpeace Wed 12-Jun-13 22:39:22

apparently so ....
the film is on the youtube channel of the school ...

thing is that if each of the kids had been rehearsed at getting THEIR speech right, their peripheral attention will have been nil
and its a HUGE loud secondary school
(think the gorilla through the basketball game)

from the description, the first they knew was when it was played in an assembly !

singinginthelifeboats Wed 12-Jun-13 22:35:51

I think it's hilarious and have sent a link to my school teacher friends......

I wondered if the kids had been 'superimposed'? It seems amazing that they either didn't know or, if they didn't, that they kept a straight face.

But it's really as it seems?

AuntieBrenda Wed 12-Jun-13 22:13:22

I think that's quite funny. I bet the students laughed!

Talkinpeace Wed 12-Jun-13 22:07:08

I cannot decide but I find it hystreically funny.
My kids stood there frozen watching it thanking everything it was not their teachers
DH hid behind his hands
(and its absolutely real and what it implies it is - the SMT pictures on the school website check out ....)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vUmjzQyCcw

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now