flexi schooling banned?

(30 Posts)
julen Wed 27-Feb-13 22:06:55

Has anyone read this? It is 'Advice on chool Attendance' published by the Dept of Education, and seems to ban flexi schooling (page 22).

Does anyone know the status of this doc? What exactly does 'advice' mean?

exoticfruits Tue 10-Sep-13 17:54:10

And if you read the news there is going to be an enormous shortage of primary school places in the next few years. They only have to be creative about places if the school is in danger of closing-like the one in the link.

exoticfruits Tue 10-Sep-13 17:58:31

The only way I can see it is working is if Jack just has set days and he takes entire pot luck as to what is happening. Easy enough in reception, but a bit tricky in the juniors when you are on the fifth session of fractions and he has missed session 3 and 4.

exoticfruits Tue 10-Sep-13 18:47:12

There are going to be too many pupils for places and the situation will be bad in 2016 see here If LEAs are struggling to find places I think flexi schooling is way,way, down their list of priorities. Had the got thousands of spare school places, with a falling birthrate, I dare say they would be looking to flexi schooling as a way to fill them.

HattyJack Tue 10-Sep-13 19:13:11

From what I've heard they might make parents do flexi in some places so that all the kids can come to school at least some days a week.

Seems odd that those that one to do it are being prevented from doing so.

exoticfruits Tue 10-Sep-13 21:56:18

I don't think they can get away with that for more than a very short term measure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now