Ofsted inspected the Tuesday / Wednesday before half term

(16 Posts)
NoComet Wed 27-Feb-13 11:32:49

Ofsted's ability to produce reports in the time scales they are supposed to "is in need of improvement"

DeWe Tue 26-Feb-13 09:08:04

Cricket I do know that-dh is a governor (although not that school). I also know it'll depend on the day/which inspector etc. as well, and it doesn't bother me which it gets.
I believe they also have to get outstanding agreed so they don't give out too many.

I mentioned that simply to say to the OP that it doesn't mean it's going into the "need to improve" category, which she mentioned at the last post.

LynetteScavo Mon 25-Feb-13 21:45:57

Ohh, I too am waiting.

Apparently the inspection out come was what the head expected...and HT's don't expect the school to be crap in need of improvement, do they? confused

I know lots of parents are dissatisfied atm......although I suspect the newish HT has made sure he has put in place exactly what OFSTED are looking for. hmm

I hate waiting for find things out!

BaggyKnickers Mon 25-Feb-13 21:38:35

'Until it is published then no one from the school will be allowed to reveal the grading/findings'
Our HT was discussing it in assembly with the children way before the report was published! The school does seem to have an issue with confidentiality breaches mind you.

cricketballs Mon 25-Feb-13 21:30:36

Dewe - hope you understand that the criteria for Outstanding/Good have changed massively so don't get too disappointed if the grading is not what you expect also take Ofsted with a pinch of salt

DeWe Mon 25-Feb-13 21:04:57

Ours was done that week (but not the same days) and we haven't heard anything yet. They're historically a good, but haven't been inspected for ages and are hoping for outstanding.

cricketballs Mon 25-Feb-13 18:27:47

officially it should take 15 days from inspection until it is published. Until it is published then no one from the school will be allowed to reveal the grading/findings although all staff will be aware.

However the reality can be totally different - if the school are contesting the report, then it takes longer.

On the other hand - we were inspected the week before your school and although we have received the final report in school and are therefore allowed to inform of the grading, it still is not on Ofsted's website we got a good and no contests to the report were made grin

sheeplikessleep Mon 25-Feb-13 17:02:13

Thanks BoundandRebound. I had read about the fact satisfactory no longer exists. I really hope they've pushed up to a good. But then I guess if it is classed as 'needs to improve', then they will get the funds and resources to get there. Fingers crossed.

BoundandRebound Mon 25-Feb-13 16:06:46

The format of inspection will have changed since your last OFSTED, there is no longer a satisfactory for example, category 3 is now deemed as requiresimprovement; it is far more difficult to get outstanding than before

It will take 3 weeks, not including half term to be published

sheeplikessleep Mon 25-Feb-13 12:33:14

Thanks annh. I did wonder if half term would slow it down a bit too.
I'm too impatient, but should hear soon enough then.

sheeplikessleep Mon 25-Feb-13 12:31:56

Thanks member, I'm guessing it does take longer than I'm expecting!
A new head was brought in over 2 years ago and the school have historically always had 'satisfactory', so I'm keen to find out whether it has gone up to good (she has made quite a few changes).
Hopefully by the end of the week then.
Thanks for posting

annh Mon 25-Feb-13 12:31:48

The SLT will have been told informally on the day but under strict instructions not to say anything to anyone. The draft report is sent to the school first and is checked for accuracy by the HT, they are allowed to make changes but only on factual matters e.g. if inspectors for some reason got the number of children on roll incorrect. Then they have to wait for the final report to be sent back to the school. Whole thing takes a couple of weeks. Half-term may add on a bit if e.g. the HT was away when the draft report was sent back.

member Mon 25-Feb-13 12:26:29

Ours was inspected 5/6 Dec & the HT was able to tell us verbally on 21 Dec at the end of term church service. It didn't go live on the Ofsted site until the second week of Jan I think.

sheeplikessleep Mon 25-Feb-13 12:19:03

Thanks Elibean. Yeah, I read that they often get told unofficially what the result will be. I am hoping they say soon! Though I wonder if they wait to get the report through first, in case of any changes maybe. This is like a 2WW!

Elibean Mon 25-Feb-13 11:57:20

The SLT should know, unofficially, already, Sheep. I'm not sure how long they have to tell parents, though.

sheeplikessleep Mon 25-Feb-13 11:04:29

Any idea when we are likely to hear?
Was nearly two weeks ago now (obviously with half term last week, which I'm guessing would have delayed things).
Any similar experiences recently? Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now