best touch typing programme for DD1 age 9

(9 Posts)
basildonbond Sat 09-Mar-13 07:57:10

Very, even ...

basildonbond Sat 09-Mar-13 07:56:49

Mavis beacon is every good

There used to be a lion king one - something like Timon and pumbaa teach typing - lots of games which kept dyspraxic ds2 happy - he's now fantastically fast and accurate (which is good as his writing still looks like a spider's been crawling in ink...)

Niceweather Sat 09-Mar-13 07:24:40

Englishtype is worth a look.

kajf Fri 08-Mar-13 22:26:37

I used verityping.co.uk to teach DD (12), & DS 1 & 2 (10 & 8) to touch type - we've had problems with DS2 handwriting but have persevered with that & added touch typing skills to hel him in the future

foofooyeah Fri 22-Feb-13 20:10:01

someone else has commended Nessy for my dyslexic boy - but school uses dance mat.

galwaygal Fri 22-Feb-13 19:48:22

Nessy fingers. My ds 9 and dd 8 both love it. Their touch typing is coming along really well with the games. Cost about 20 pounds but I am very pleased with it.

amidaiwish Fri 22-Feb-13 19:42:44

Thanks will take a look

CitrusyOne Fri 22-Feb-13 17:58:27

Dance mat typing on bbc website is entailing if nothing else! On ipad so links are difficult but do a google search and you should find it.

amidaiwish Fri 22-Feb-13 17:55:24

i know this has been asked before, and i did do a search but couldn't find it.

DD1 is very competent on the PC and it is time she learnt to touch type! (I have just typed up a piece of homework she had to email to the teacher).

Which is the best online programme? I don't mind paying for it if necessary. TIA.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now