Entrance test results -will we get actual numbers?

(27 Posts)
pugsandseals Sun 10-Feb-13 13:49:59

Found out yesterday that DD is in & she even has a scholarship! But just wondered if we will ever find out what marks she got? Is this something schools are open about at a later date or will we never know?

toughdecisions Mon 11-Feb-13 10:24:56

DS has asked me when he will get his scores from his entrance exams. I think that's a reflection of the fact his state primary gives them scores from their practice SATS and the colouring in of charts at the back of the Bond books. I've told him we probably won't get them (we don't even know if he's passed yet) but actually I'm now thinking it isn't such an unreasonable request.

clevername678 Mon 11-Feb-13 11:23:51

I rang DS's school to get a feel for his marks (really just to check he wasn't going to be bumping along the bottom) - they said they don't divulge the pass mark or rank, but that DS was in top X% and had achieved X marks over the pass mark. I do have two friends who, being more experienced than me, asked in person when they were there for the interviews, and were given more specific information than they were willing to give me on the phone.

I guess it depends on the school and, whatever your reasons, there's no harm in asking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now