4+ assesments.. Waitlisted

(8 Posts)
Blessedmum Mon 11-Feb-13 12:36:04

Yes I do get it now.. Its seriously a lottery.. Not putting anyone down, but my daughter is just as good as the other kids who got in.. And it saddens me that she did'nt make it.. But, will know for sure in a weeks time.. so fingers and toes crossed ;)

basildonbond Tue 05-Feb-13 10:01:35

think of it as a positive! you'll have saved a lot of money and tbh all schools following the EYFS cover pretty much the same ground

there will be places coming up over the next year or two as a LOT of families will move away

dd went to our local (not v good) primary for reception to y2 and moved to her current school at the start of Y3 - despite not having been challenged at school at all she immediately went in at the top of the class and has stayed there ever since

also try not to think of it in terms of your daughter 'not being good enough' for those schools - 4+ entrance really is a lottery as it's pretty much impossible to predict future academic success at that age. The schools will be trying to ensure a healthy mix of personalities as well so it may have been that they'd filled their 'quota' of quiet, calm children and needed some feistier characters to liven up the classroom a bit

Blessedmum Mon 04-Feb-13 23:00:49

Thanks a lot Meditrina.. will remember these poins wen i call them..

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 03-Feb-13 17:21:20

Hi there

We've moved this to 'Education' now.

meditrina Sun 03-Feb-13 15:11:40

Right, the first thing to remember is that there is a lot of churn in London pre-preps. These are the years when families, whose eldest DC is beginning school, are beginning to make decisions about moving out as their families grow.

Also, some children will have received more than one offer, so there will also be some immediate movement on the waiting list as that all settles down.

Has the dealine for acceptances at the school passed? If so, they'll be looking at their numbers and making second round offers. Your DD is in the frame for this. Have you spoken to the school about how they manage their list? Can you make sure they know how keen you are for DD to go there (because the school is fab, she'll flourish, and you like it so much - not because you have only an unpalatable alternative).

You may have to resign yourself to her starting reception elsewhere, but make sure the school knows you have a continuing interest: ad hoc places frequently come up in years 1 and 2 instead of starting in R. Nerve-wracking of course to feel you have nothing right now, but in the longer view, there's still plenty of opportunity. Especially of you apply (in the autumn?) to other schools you may not have considered so far for an ad hoc place.

Tee2072 Sun 03-Feb-13 15:01:39

I've asked HQ to move your thread to a better topic.

scottishmummy Sat 02-Feb-13 16:20:09

are these primary schools?i have no idea how it goes.is 4+ her age
try post in chat or education threads
more traffic hopefully someone know and reassure you

Blessedmum Sat 02-Feb-13 14:13:37

Hi

My daughter applied to two schools.. She did'nt get into North London and she has been waitlisted in Nottinghill and Ealing School.. I'm so cut up as I had no idea I needed to apply to more schools. She is a very intelligent child and theses results have shocked me.. She is very calm, follows instructions and very well mannered..

I am so nervous.. does anyone know what are the chances of being waitlisted in Nottinghill..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now