If you were choosing between Rugby and Oundle for 2016 entry, which would you choose and why?

(55 Posts)

Just that really - deliberately not being too specific about our own criteria, but wanted as much of a cross section of opinion as possible. Having crossed Winchester off the list after visiting (great for some, I am sure - but not for us and just could not imagine DC1 being happy there), it now looks likely to come down to one of these two...

TIA

happygardening Sun 03-Feb-13 09:03:14

A friends DS who is at Oundle was told when he sat CE a couple of years ago that it was 60% cant remember if that was on all papers or maybe just the core subjects. Interestingly he was well off that mark in one of the core subjects but still got in.

Fianccetto - oh yes, the Oundle science block is amazing - but then Rugby has great (albeit not so visually stunning) facilities too, and a very large proportion doing sciences at A level. confused

Gunz - I think both schools have a nominal CE pass rate, but only to filter out those who really couldn't cope - they both put more emphasis on reference from current head and interview. DS would be going through scholarship exam route for either, so I didn't pay too much attention to what those nominal levels were - sorry.

Sharpkat Sun 03-Feb-13 10:26:07

Oakham is a fantastic school. I am an OO. PM me if you want more details but I would send my kids there without hesitation. The Good Schools Report sums it up perfectly. If you want a well-rounded, well educated, polite and erudite child Oakham is for you.

Gunznroses Sun 03-Feb-13 17:39:40

Thanks Stealth! i had thought Oundle's was around the 70% mark.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now