Help please! National KS 1/2 targets..I need to find the definitive lists, any help/guidance appreciated

(2 Posts)
peppapigpants Sat 08-Dec-12 00:06:04

expected level for end of year 2: 2b
expected level for end of year 6: 4b

There are no 'official' expectations for inbetween years afaik, but the expected amount of progress is approx two sublevels a year/a whole level over two years. I teach Y1 and aim to get the majority on a 1a to give them a secure chance of attaining 2b a year later.

Izzyloo Fri 07-Dec-12 10:08:46

Hi, can anyone please help me out?

I have a meeting at school about my sons reading/writing. It would be really useful to know what the national standards/targets are for childrens reading/writing etc from years R to 4 before I go. Although it is an outstanding school, they won't happily share information with parents although I have heard if you ask directly for this information they may tell you depending on the teacher.

I have seen references on various papers stating by the end of year 1 children should be at level 1A/2C but I haven't been able to find out more than this although I am certain it exists somewhere. I would have thought their would be a published table?

I also tried without success to find out this information via the DoE but the person who dealt with this in the policy team has moved department and won't help. I can't get further than the DoE call centre who are also unbelievably unhelpful...very frustrating!!

any guidance that members could give would be gratefully received. I may request my child's education record under the Education Act and or the Data Protection Act.

Many thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now