Help please! National KS 1/2 targets..I need to find the definitive lists, any help/guidance appreciated

(2 Posts)
Izzyloo Fri 07-Dec-12 10:08:46

Hi, can anyone please help me out?

I have a meeting at school about my sons reading/writing. It would be really useful to know what the national standards/targets are for childrens reading/writing etc from years R to 4 before I go. Although it is an outstanding school, they won't happily share information with parents although I have heard if you ask directly for this information they may tell you depending on the teacher.

I have seen references on various papers stating by the end of year 1 children should be at level 1A/2C but I haven't been able to find out more than this although I am certain it exists somewhere. I would have thought their would be a published table?

I also tried without success to find out this information via the DoE but the person who dealt with this in the policy team has moved department and won't help. I can't get further than the DoE call centre who are also unbelievably unhelpful...very frustrating!!

any guidance that members could give would be gratefully received. I may request my child's education record under the Education Act and or the Data Protection Act.

Many thanks

peppapigpants Sat 08-Dec-12 00:06:04

expected level for end of year 2: 2b
expected level for end of year 6: 4b

There are no 'official' expectations for inbetween years afaik, but the expected amount of progress is approx two sublevels a year/a whole level over two years. I teach Y1 and aim to get the majority on a 1a to give them a secure chance of attaining 2b a year later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now