How often parent evenings?

(8 Posts)
sweetpea31 Sat 24-Nov-12 17:07:19

4 a year here, state primary. Sept = informal drop in to meet and greet and check on settling in. Nov = formal with where they are working + targets, April = formal where they are working + new targets. July = informal to discuss new class and meet new teacher.

MoreBeta Sat 24-Nov-12 08:35:21

Once per year and only 5 mins with each teacher.

It is not enough so I have no qualms about emailing and asking for one on one with specific teachers I need to talk to.

An informal meet the teacher evening in October, and a formal parents evening in March.

We get half termly effort and behavior cards and one full report the last week of school in July.

State Primary

vodkaanddietirnbru Sat 24-Nov-12 08:30:42

have they not barely started school when you get your parents night? We rae in Scotland so start back in August and then the first parents night is in November so they have been at school a few months. The one in March then lets you know if progress is being made.

biological Sat 24-Nov-12 08:21:56

Once a year in October here too. Has always felt a complete waste of time so early in the year. State primary.

Anyone know why it's seen as a good idea to have one a year in Oct?

vodkaanddietirnbru Sat 24-Nov-12 08:13:05

twice a year, november and march I think.They get an end of year school report too - state primary

notnowbernard Fri 23-Nov-12 21:00:40

twice a year, oct and march

state primary also

plainjayne123 Fri 23-Nov-12 20:59:32

Our school has parent evenings once a year in October. It's an outstanding state primary. Does this differ to othe schools?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now