Devon Independent School - Blundell's vs Exeter?

(7 Posts)
CornishClogs Mon 26-Nov-12 07:59:37

thank you all so much for your comments - food for thought.

MordionAgenos Sun 25-Nov-12 21:11:03

If I was limiting my choice to those two schools I'd definitely go for Exeter school. Based on the kids I have known (past and present) at each school and the teachers that I know at each school.

Xenia Sun 25-Nov-12 21:02:48

Blundell's 303rd
Exeter 122th for A levels in the UK league tables of all types of school.

Sounds like Exeter is the more academic if that matters to you.
rankings.ft.com/secondary-schools/secondary-schools-2012

Rollmops Sun 25-Nov-12 20:54:39

Was rather unimpressed by Blundells, too much 'hype' not enough substance.

Bonkerz Sun 25-Nov-12 16:06:24

I know of the head of blundells and its a fab school. I used to live in near by town and it was always obvious which children attended blundells!

cgdoha Sun 25-Nov-12 15:59:51

My DN is now in year 12 at Exeter School and my DS has been very happy with it all the way through. He got 7A* and 3A at GCSE/IGCSE and is pretty academic. HTH

CornishClogs Fri 23-Nov-12 16:32:20

I am a first timer on MN, please be gentle. We are relocating back to UK next summer, and Devon in particular. Two sons will be 12 and 10 at the start of Sept 2013 Autumn Term. We liked both these schools when we visited, but really need to hear what parents/ex-pupils think.

Academic issues, extra-curricular, parent-teacher relationship? Any help greatly needed. Although British, our sons have only been to a international school so we are beginners back in the UK.

Any views on where is good to live in these areas would be appreciated too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now