Targets

(4 Posts)
EvilTwins Thu 22-Nov-12 22:53:51

Very basic targets which are expected of every teacher all the time. Are you training? Of so, do you have a mentor who can help?

Use data available within school to make sure you know the starting points of all your students and their target grades. Keep records however you prefer (I like trackers on excel and also have A3 progress sheets for each student on which I can put their termly assessment and review grades and a short comment (I teach a practical subject so it's hard to demonstrate progress since they don't have books I can mark). At KS4 & 5 I have a folder per class with all my mark sheets etc which I can pull out and show to any "visitors")

Your planning should show differentiation- make sure you know the needs of each student. If you're being observed, try to show that you have differentiated- key words, writing frames, groupings of students etc are all easy ways to demonstrate what you're doing.

Have a look at The Lazy Teacher books- they have lots of useful stuff in them which will help to make your efforts easily demonstratable (that's not even a word...)

Inclusioneer Thu 22-Nov-12 16:50:55

1) Show in your planning Qs aimed at different ability groups/ individuals, outline different independent tasks and/or homework aimed at different groups, identify strategies for any SEN inc directing an LSA should they have one attached.

2) Know what they've learned and be able to explain/ demonstrate it. Know what has not been learned and identify strategies to overcome barriers (like teaching it again a different way).

3) Don't faf (no colouring grin)

mummytime Thu 22-Nov-12 16:42:40

Are you doing a PGCE? This sounds pretty basic to me. Have you discussed it with your mentor?

HtotheS Thu 22-Nov-12 16:17:40

I've been given the following targets and I'm a bit overwhelmed on how to achieve them

1. To know how and when to differentiate appropriately, using approaches which enable pupils to be taught effectively.

2. To be accountable for pupils attainment, progress and outcomes

3. To impart knowledge and develop understanding through effective use of lesson time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now